Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FOR JACKSON

Hey J! Look what I found! Can you count the eggs and tell me what color they are? A mother bird just laid these in a nest in a tree by our house and you will get to watch the baby birds hatch when you come visit me. I am so excited!

Can you spy with your little eye the birds nest hiding in the branch of the tree? Look at all the different things the mother and father used to build a safe warm nest for their babies.


Can you spy the father bird up high in the tree watching to make sure that his family is safe?

If you look REAL close you can see the mother bird sitting on the nest, keeping her eggs warm until they are ready to hatch. I had to take this picture from a long ways away because she got scared and flew away when I walked any closer. But she stayed close by and squawked at me to not hurt her babies.
(Every year I love Spring and watching the birds build their nests and the new babies hatch and wish Jackson was here to watch them with me. Every other year by the time he comes for a visit the babies have all grown up and flown away - but this year he will be here just in time! Hooray!)

1 comment:

the straz fam said...

Jackson has been talking about the eggs nonstop!! Every time we get in the car he asks if we are going to grandma's house. We will be there in less than one week! :)