Sunday, December 21, 2008

We're Going to Have a Merry Little Christmas!

I am getting so excited for Christmas! I really don't know why since I am pretty bummed that I don't get to see my 3 little grandsons (and their parents) this year and there really isn't anything too exciting in the present department - but just the lights and music and decorations really get me feeling so grateful for how very blessed our family is. Of course having Mike and Alicyn coming is a super big bonus and not having school so I get to spend more time with Kimball and Kaytee is great too. I thought I would post a few pictures of our traditional decorations for those of you who don't get to be here with us.



We have these pictures up all year long and this little corner of the dining room I like to privately think of as my tribute to "strong women" . . .


For Christmas I then add the amazing nativity set that my tough little Alicyn made for me with her bare hands. I have tried bending any of these wires and it has really made me realize how much sweat and effort Alicyn had to have put in to make this for me.



Of course our tree looks the same every year, same location and same old ornaments - minus the ones Jami and Cassidy have taken to start their own family trees. Looks like a lot fewer presents this year with not so many of us here to celebrate, but I just love sitting by it at night and enjoying the lights . . .


and looking at all the different and unique ornaments and remembering where we got them over the years, and most importantly the special people they make us think of.


Stay tuned - I will post again and this time with actual people in the pictures celebrating Christmas together! Yay! I can't wait to see all of yours.



2 comments:

the straz fam said...

I'm totally impressed that you have a new post (and I thought the day would never come... : )
I loved seeing some of our Christmas decorations and the ornaments on the tree. I am going to really miss not being around with you guys this year!

Così Difficile Essere Me said...

Merry Christmas Croft Family! :)
You don't know me, I'm a young woman from Italy, and...I'm always glad to read you.
Have a nice, sweet Christmas Day.

Claudia