Friday, December 26, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful . . .

It's a blizzard! And supposed to last until 6 tonight!

I was snuggled all warm in my bed and Kaytee came and woke me up in the wee hours of the morning because she had to go feed the Stott's cows while they are out of town and she could barely get our front door open. Mike and Alicyn went to help her feed them on Christmas morning so they know what it is like on a crisp clear day . . . just imagine with no visibility and wind blowing so hard you can barely stand up. I couldn't even see Kaytee as soon as she let herself into the field to go get their food - they were sure glad to see her and crowded all around - that would have been a great picture but definitely didn't have my camera then.

When we got back I went to feed and water Meeko - and couldn't find him! We leave the back garage door open so he can go in and out and the wind had blown it shut, leaving him outside at some point in the night. He was a little lump of snow - but stood up to come see me as soon as he heard me come outside.



One big shake and he was pretty cleaned off.

And then we brought him in to thaw out. (Ewww! Our house smells like wet dog!) He was sure happy to get the big chew treat Alicyn and Mike left for him.

Really glad we didn't have to go to work or school today - just snuggle inside our cozy home. Wishing all of you a warm day after Christmas!

1 comment:

kelsey said...

YiKES!! And i thought i was freezing!! haha. Good luck with that blizzard!