Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Howdy" from Del Rio

I got to spend this past week down in the heart of Texas with the cutest little couple expecting their first young'un. As hard as Richard tries he just can't get that same look that Cassidy does.


We went to the base to visit Richard one day for lunch and got to do all sorts of cools things - go out on the air strip and look at the cool planes that Richard is learning to fly and see all the preparations that go on in the flight room as they get all suited up and Cassidy and I got permission to actually sit in some of the simulated training planes - but you all only get to hear about it because there were no cameras allowed. So you just get a few cute pictures we took on base of the proud parents to be with dad in his flight suit.
Cassidy and Richard have a really nice townhouse with really big bedrooms and living room. They also have three book cases and three desks (they are both extremely studious :) Even though their baby is going to start out pretty small, we still had to move things around to make some room for him - and all his baby stuff. Here is Cassidy after we got the baby's crib all set up.
Here is his nice bedroom - even has a bed for when grandma comes to visit.

Today Cassidy and I went out to Amistad Lake. It is gigantic but really low right now because a lot of the water has been diverted this summer for agricultural use in Mexico (which is right next to Del Rio). Here is a picture of my buddy Isa and I. It is also hotter here than I am used to so I have had my hair in a permanent ponytail since arriving.
The water at the lake here is so clear and beautiful -- and none of that fishy smell. Isa had lots of fun exploring. (and of course I had to include one last pic of my growing grandson and his pretty mum!)

1 comment:

the straz fam said...

Thanks for keeping your blog updated mom - I love to see pics of what you are up to. Cassidy is SO cute pregnant! Sounds like you had a ton of fun in Texas! See you here in 2 weeks!