Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Memorable Memorial Day!

So, this is the year that I will I turn the big 5-O and I have been given some serious thought to getting in shape. My girls have put those thoughts into action with Cassidy designing me a personalized work-out plan for the year and Jami entered me into my first race to run while I was out visiting her in California this past weekend. We ran a 5K on Memorial Day morning and thanks to her encouragement (gentle badgering) I never stopped or walked or gave up.

So, here we are starting out the race.

Jami was pretty much flying down the road . . .she was so good at letting me go my own pace.

It got tougher near the end . . .

But it felt so good to get to the finish line.

And fun to see Worland represented on the results printout . . . And I didn't come in last place! My time was better than I thought it would be too, but definitely room for improvement. I am already looking for another race to run. I would love a running partner that is closer than California so let me know if you want to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!! your amazing in everything you do. I could never do that. I love you and miss you so much.
Love you sis